- guilhem.gamard at normale.fr
- LIS, Building TPR2, Office 5.19
163 av. de Luminy
13288 Marseille, France
- +33 6 03 51 23 52
Current and past positions
In 2019/2021, I am Post-doc in the CaNa group of the LIS Laboratory, at Université Aix-Marseille.
More precisely, I work in Project FANs on automata networks.
I also teach at Faculté des sciences de Marseille.
In 2018/2019, I was ATER (Post-doc with teaching charge) at Ens Lyon,
doing research in the MC2 group of the LIP laboratory.
I also taught at the Département d'informatique.
In 2018/2017, I was a postdoc at the Higher School of Economics, doing research in the Laboratory of Theoretical Computer Science.
Between 2014 and 2017, I prepared my PhD thesis under the supervision of Gwenaël Richomme
in the ESCAPE group of the Lirmm laboratory.
I defended on 2017-06-30; here is my manuscript and here are my slides.
I also taught at the Faculté des sciences de Montpellier.
Link to my CV in French and my CV in English (last update: 2021-01-01).
Keywords: cellular automata, combinatorics on blocks, combinatorics on words, subshifts, substitutions, tilings
Publications and slides: see this separate page.
Summary of my research: click here for the summary.
See my teaching page (in French).
If you are a student interested in combinatorics on words, tilings, or related topics, feel free to contact me—we might organize an internship.
I volunteered for various things, listed below.
- Automata and WAN 2021 (Organization)
- International Computer Science Symposium in Russia 2018 (Local organization)
- Southwestern Europe Regional Contest 2017, 2018 (ACM programming contest)
- Doctiss 2016 (Broken link, will be back one day; see also here)
- Fête de la science guide for a tour of the laboratory (for mid-school students)
- Conseil des doctorants du Lirmm 2015 (elected member), 2016 (elected member and president)
- Rencontres Mondiales du Logiciel Libre 2014
This is mostly for my own reference, but see my links page for a sample of what I like.